Monday, October 11, 2010

Seeing Sisters

I squealed and hugged Phoebe. But then I realized that, she doesn't know me.
"Oh I'm sorry Phoebe it's just so nice to meet you and I've heard so much about you and I hoped you would get here safely and-" Rachel covered my mouth.
Phoebe giggled. "It's fine, where should I put my stuff?" Phoebe said, holding up a pink suitcase.
"Let me take care of that," Rachel said grabbing it from her.
Phoebe smiled. "Okay so when should I come out?" She asked me.
"Here's the plan..."
***********************************************************************
I bounced on my toes as I watched out the window, waiting for McKenna to get home. I jumped 5 feet in the air when I saw her. (Okay not 5 feet) I rushed to a hiding spot and held my breath. I heard her walk in with Melanie. I held my breath and counted to three in my head, this was the other girls' queue. We all jumped up and yelled, "SURPRISE!!!!" She staggered back, in shock. But at the same time she was smiling. 
"I can't believe it..." McKenna sighed happily.
"Well then you really wont believe this," I said, that was when Phoebe was supposed to come out. For a single second I was afraid that she forgot her queue. But then she turned the corner of the hall, with a smile on her face. McKenna's mouth, hung open.
"Y-You guy-guys would d-do this? For me?" McKenna managed to say with a slight stutter.
Phoebe ran and hugged McKenna. Tears welled up in their eyes. They hadn't seen each other in so long, yet they couldn't manage to get a word out.
"I've missed you so much back home," Phoebe said. "It's truly, not the same."
"I've missed you too, I mean, I love my new family, but I still miss you guys," McKenna replied.
"I cannot believe that our own mother would put you up for adoption," Phoebe said.
"It was for you guys, If I wouldn't have gone, you would have gone into the dumps, literally," McKenna managed a small smile.
Just then the worst thing that could happen, happened. A water balloon fell smack onto Phoebe's head, soaking her, from head to toe. She stood in shock for a few seconds and then calmed a little.
"C-C-Can I-I-I g-ge-get a tow-w-el?" Phoebe shivered, then sneezed.
That water was on as cold as can be.
"Oh Phoebe!!" I ran to her with a fresh towel. "I am so sorry this has happened."
"It's fine, I may have a little cold, but I'm okay," Phoebe smiled.
I breathed a sigh of relief.


To Be Continued...
~Kathleen Ann

No comments: