Sunday, October 10, 2010

Disasters

I hung up the phone harder then I think I probably should have. I just got off the phone with Phoebe, McKenna's sister. She was flying in today and I was nervous that we couldn't keep McKenna distracted long enough. Melanie was going to invite McKenna to go with her to shop for earrings...Hopefully it will be torture so that McKenna will have fun with Phoebe. I waved at Melanie to signal them to go. McKenna sighed but nodded and they ventured out the door.
"Kathleen!!!!!!!!" My name rang through the dorms.
"Yes Sabrina?" I said walking into the kitchen.
"What kind of cake should I make?" She said. She had flour all over her cheeks and hair.
"What happened?" I said, not answering her question.
"Well I was going to make cupcakes. But then Buddy ran in and knocked over the flour, and me. Then ran all over the place. So now I only have enough flour for a small cake," She explained.
This is already a disaster! I thought.
I nodded and said, "Chocolate I think is her favorite."
I walked out and hoped everyone else was doing well. I checked on Julie, she was wrapping presents. She had all the presents wrapped -sorry Julie- terribly. There was tape all over them, the paper was ripping, the fold were coming undone.
"What have you done?" I said softly, trying not to hurt her feelings.
"Excuse me?" She said angrily.
"Sorry, um, keep wrapping," I said walking out.
I ran to check on Hannah and Miley with blowing up balloons. Their faces were pale and they'd been up here an hour, only blowing up a single one.
"Cant.....Do.....It," Miley said between long breaths.
"These......Balloons.........Too...........Hard," Hannah said collapsing on the couch.
I felt sorry for them. "Umm....Try using a pump...or something," I said backing away.
"Can we use water? and hope for the best?" Miley said finally catching her breath.
I thought for a moment. Luck really wasn't on our side today. But I'll take the chance. "Fine," I said then dashed off to check on Rachel. Rachel was waiting at the door for Phoebe. What could possibly go wrong? Luck on us, Phoebe turned the corner and walked up the walkway.
Hopefully Phoebe wont notice our, 3 disasters. What else could happen?

To Be Continued...
~Kathleen Ann

No comments: