Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bursting With Ideas

I ran around the dorms, freaking out. What were we going to do for McKenna's birthday? It was tomorrow. Everybody seemed to have forgotten. When McKenna went off to dance I called a family meeting.
"Don't any of you know what tomorrow is?" I said glancing at everyone.
Everyone looked at each other hoping for an answer.
"You guys!!!" I said, annoyed. "McKenna's birthday!!!"
Everyone nodded and said, "Right" or "Ohhh".
"We need to find something special to do..." I looked around, hoping for inspiration.
"We could do a tea party!!" Someone yelled.
"We could go to the mall!!" Someone else suggested.
The room over-flowed with ideas. But none seemed good enough.
"I know!!!!!!" Lauren yelled, loud enough to quiet everyone down.
Everyone looked at her expectantly.
"We can get one of her siblings from home to come visit!"
McKenna was adopted, but she missed her birth sisters alot.
"Perfect." My lips curled into a smile.
"Let's get to work!!!"
Everyone scrambled.


To Be Continued...
~Kathleen Ann

No comments: